Update on Jemena Implementation in Victoria, Australia
Following the start of installations in September 2009, some details are emerging on the Jemena project.
As at the 21st October, between Jemena and UED, over 5,000 meters had been installed in six weeks – coverage at Metering.com
PRI are providing the first 48,000 meters, complete with Silver Spring Networks Radio Mesh technology.
Smart meters will have the ability to:
- Record electricity consumption by the half hour;
- Be remotely read so a meter reader does not have to visit your home or business;
- Provide greater detail around consumption;
- Enable remote connection of your electricity, such as when you move into a new home;
- Help your local electricity distributor to detect and locate outages and restore supply more quickly
Additionally, the budget application for Jemena’s AMI project is also available here as a pdf